Monday 1 February 2016

Little Princess Trust

On Saturday, I had 10 inches of my hair taken off to donate for the Little Princess Trust. I am so happy and proud that I have taken part in something so amazing, there's no better feeling than knowing you have made some little girl or boy happy with not only themselves, but happy in general.

No person, child or otherwise, should have to go through a horrible disease such as cancer but adults can understand why they are losing their hair due to their treatments. Children on the other hand have a bit more difficulty understanding why they don't have hair like other girls and boys. I have had personal experience with a child who has cancer and can't come to grasp the reasons why they have lost their hair and let me tell you, there is nothing more heartbreaking than a young child crying over their lack of hair.

Taking part in this charity has been such a humbling experience. Everyone was congratulating me and telling me I should be proud of what I have done but I'm not proud of myself for taking part in it, I'm proud of what taking part means for someone.

Please consider taking part in such a wonderful organisation, whether it's by donating your hair or raising money, any contribution will be absolutely amazing.

Please note that should you wish to donate your hair, it must be AT LEAST 7 inches long, clean and in suitable condition (ie - no split ends).

So, please please PLEASE consider getting involved!

Thanks so much everyone who reads and does take part and thanks to those who have already. You are all amazing.

Rachel xo

No comments:

Post a Comment